1 2 3 4 5 6
YongPyong Resort is nestled in the highest basin area of the Greater Baekdu Mountain Range, a region blessed with valuable ecological varieties and health benefit of 700 meters above sea level coupled with stunning natural beauties. The 17 million square meter scale resort boasts world-class ski slopes, golf courses, a water park, and a large variety of accommodations, numbering over 2,300 rooms. As the cradle of Korea’s modern skiing culture, YongPyong Resort has greatly contributed to the development of Pyeongchang as the hub of winter sports in East Asia.
Winter Olympic Games
Yongpyong Alpine Technical Venue
YongPyong Alpine competition venue, which is known as rainbow slopes of YongPyong Resort, was completed in 1998. It has hosted four FIS Alpine World Cup Games since then.
- Alpine Giant Slalom Course (RainbowⅠ): Length 1,191m, Altitude Difference 410m, Average Slope 34.4%
- Alpine Slalom Course (RainbowⅡ): Length 583m, Altitude Difference 210m, Average Slope 36.0%
- 12,000 (Seated 6,000 / Standing 6,000)
- Giant Slalom (Men/Women), Slalom (Men/Women)
- FIS Alpine Ski World Cup (1998, 2000, 2003, 2006) FIS Alpine Ski Continental Cup (Annual), Winter Asian Games (1999)